Thursday, January 11, 2018

All I want to do is knit

The holidays were crazy this year and all I wanted to do was knit everyday, all day.  Which is exactly what I did to the exclusion of all else.  This is bad because I own a design company and I should have been designing every waking minute but I just couldn't. I'm thinking my brain needed a break.  Now I need to kick start it into gear and get back to work.  I have two new designs ready to be stitched and about two dozen more in the pipe so I'm pretty good on that score.

What did I knit all those weeks? Well, a pair of fingerless gloves, four hats and a scarf.  Most are being blocked right now so I will have to show you photos of them when they are all ready. I had a wool blocking party today.  It wasn't the most fun party I have ever thrown. First, you have to wash out your sink.  For me that ended up with the entire bathroom being cleaned plus my bedroom.  I filled my sink with tepid water, TEPID.  This was according to the Eucalan bottles very clear instructions.  I was sweating out the exact degree of TEPID.  I wasn't quite sure but kept adjusting the temperature while cursing my hot water heater or faucet that couldn't keep the temp consistent.  I think I got it right and squirted in some wool wash.  Bubbles formed and in went the wooly goodies.  I used super wash wool for some of them and am happy to say that it doesn't stink like a wet dog when it gets wet.  Squish squish went the scarf, super wash wool does not felt ,which is a good thing when you don't want your knitting to suddenly shrink to toddler size after all those hours of work.

All should be dry in the next couple of days so I will post pictures then!  On to a scarf  I am knitting for someones birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment