Wednesday, January 17, 2018

14 Point Dishcloth Pattern for You

I posted a few years ago these dishcloths I made for a friend of mine for Christmas.  I got this pattern from a friend who helped me with learning to knit.  

Here it is for you!  I use Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.  I have found I can get two and a half rags out of one ball using number 5 needles.  Your gauge will be different so I have no idea how many you can get out of one ball. 

I do have an addiction to knitting these.  I usually knit them for gifts and have gotten to where I knit at least eight or a bakers dozen when I get started.  I have to hide my Sugar and Cream yarn from myself or I would be drowning in dish cloths. LOL

Round 14 Point Dishrag


Use size 5 or 6 straight needles 

~Cast on 14 stitches

Row 1 ~ Knit across

Row 2 ~ Knit 4, yarn over, knit 8 (2 stitches on needle), turn

Row 3 ~ Knit across

Row 4 ~ Knit 4, yarn over, knit 7 (4 stitches left on needle), turn

Row 5 ~ Knit across

Row 6 ~ Knit 4, yarn over, knit 6 (6 stitches left on needle), turn

Row 7 ~ Knit across

Row 8 ~ Knit 4, yarn over, knit 5 (8 stitches left on needle), turn

Row 9 ~ Knit across

Row 10 ~ Bind off 4 stitches. Knit across rest of needle. Turn

Row 11 ~ Knit across 14 stitches on needle.

Repeat from Row 2 until there are 14 points.  

Bind off 14 stitches.

Sew sides together. Draw up center.


No comments:

Post a Comment