Monday, December 15, 2008

A Jane Austen Kind of Day


The felicity of sitting with a cup of tea, knitting in your lap and a Jane Austen movie in the dvd player. This day Emma was the selection. You know how when you have watched a movie so many times other things start getting noticed? Dresses, furnishings, jewelry, these things spark the imagination. "Could I make that dress?" "How did they turn that hem?" "Look at that scarf!" Comments only sewers and knitters would be saying! This day I was knitting my first sock, well, a felted slipper, but a sock nonetheless! I like to start out with felted projects when trying a new technique. All the "sins" are washed away! These are going to be for my mom as her Christmas present. This is the scarf I knitted during Emma. Bubbly yarn made up with a simple garter stitch. It is very skinny and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment